14 December 2004

Goodbye DC, Goodbye East Coast

Well, this is my last post from good ole Bethesda. I've been here two years and it's about time for me to move on. I had several talks from my superiors, chastizing me for my mistakes, however at the same time wishing me luck for the future. I hold no grudges against anyone as I depart this command.

I've met amazing people here and have made friends for life. I will miss every single one of them. Erica, you are such a sweetheart and I will miss you forever, until we meet again!! Colin, your gone from here, but you were the best guy I knew, besides Eric whom I'll get to in a moment. Eric, Congrats on graduating from FMSS!!! You earned and deserve it as much as the next person. Jen R., didn't really get to know you until I was running short on time, but your heart is big and you should follow it always. To everyone that I have had the pleasure meeting, Fair Winds and Following Seas until our wakes cross once more. Take care of yourself everyone.

To the new people I will meet, I present a warning. Prepare for the most shit hot corpsman to grace the decks of your ship. You will be "MY" Sailors and no one elses. I will protect you with my life as if it were my own.

As I close, I want to share with everyone something special to me....

I solemnly pledge myself before God and these
witnesses to practice faithfully all of my
duties as a member of the Hospital Corps.
I hold the care of the sick and injured to be a
privilege and a sacred trust and will assist
the Medical Department Officer with loyalty
and honesty.
I will not knowingly permit harm to come
to any patient.
I will not partake of nor administer any
unauthorized medication.
I will hold all personal matters pertaining
to the private lives of patients in
strict confidence.
I dedicate my heart, mind and strength
to the work before me.
I shall do all within my power to show
in myself an example of all that is
honorable and good throughout my
naval career.
-Hospital Corpsman Pledge