07 December 2004

Moving Up, and Moving On

Well...I think it's about time to get back to blogging. I know it's been a while and for those who have been wondering and worried, I do apologize.

Things came to a head about two months ago and recently again. I've been scrambling like mad to get everything good to go with my transfer and its really is taking a lot out of me. With all the things going on you rarely have time to realize what you have until it's too late. I experienced this first hand about a month ago, when one of my good friends died in a MVA. He was drunk, and thank the lord that no one else was killed. This is also a reason I haven't been blogging of late. I miss him as much as any friend would, and I just wish that I had more time to spend with him. He is truly one of the special ones in my life and he will be missed.

Now on to happier things....

Because of everything thats going on, and the length of time things have taken, my father ( the ret. Senior Chief) decided to give my CMC a little phone call. Apparently the CMC had no clue I had XOI pending and that I was in fact under orders. What happened next suprised me and all of my friends. All charges were dropped, and as of today I have 7 days left here and then I go home till Jan 8.

I report to SFMIC at Balboa NH, San Diego on the 8th and start class on the tenth. After that My class grads on the 14th and I'm off to Hawaii for three years. This is great. I am relishing and soaking up every bit of it. Haze Gray and Underway baby. Real Navy, Here I Come.

And from what I understand, theres some special things in store for me when I get to San Diego...wink wink. Anyways, I hope this finds everyone well and in good spirits full of Holiday cheer. PEACE!!!